“Bridge of Hope” Ijevan Childcare and Family support center is 15 years old
Jun 26, 2018
On June 25 "Bridge of Hope" Ijevan Childcare and Family support center celebrated its' 15th birthday. During the event, the past way of the center presented to the event participants. The beneficiary children presented beautiful dance and music performances, the young people, and children's parents shared their stories and told about the positive impact that the organization had on their lives. Within the guests were regional and municipal authorities, representatives of local and international organizations, heads of social and health institutions, director of Ijevan branch of Yerevan State University and deans of all departments, directors of the regional schools, representatives of kindergartens, parents, etc. The event was also attended by TaHuys Diocese leader Bishop Bagrat Galstanyan, who welcomed all those present with a prayer and blessing.
Below you can see the main achievements of the center.
During these years:
- 1,270 children and 762 families received center services
- More than 111 children with disabilities included in the inclusive education system
- 72 children with disabilities have continued their education in vocational or higher education institutions.
- Collaboration and partnership bridges have been built with 25 schools in Ijevan.
- More than 625 teachers, 97 assistant teachers, and 20 special educators have been trained.
- More than 350 students from Ijevan branch of Yerevan State University, have participated in the center's programs, volunteer activities, were part of joint programs, and some of the students passed professional practice.
- Modular training courses were conducted with Tavush regional college: modules were designed for 8 specializations.
- 30 young people with disabilities were trained and received certificates of the state sample
- Projects to promote inclusive ideology and build an inclusive society have been implemented with 11 institutions of pre-school education and 10 community-based family and child support centers in Ijevan.